For those who are planning to move overseas, choosing a place to live in is important. With the global economy still shaky, there are a lot of British expats who are coming back home because of the high cost of living abroad. However, all is not lost; it is still feasible for Britons to live move abroad. There is huge possibility of being able to get the best expatriate health insurance benefits, medical benefits, and good living conditions.
Here is a list of the top destinations around the world that are best for retirement.
1. United States – The U.S. is still one of the top places for expats to live in other than Europe. House prices have been slowly going down; hence, it is still beneficial for British expats who want to settle overseas and buy a house in America, particularly in Florida and New York.
2. Australia – With the beautiful beaches and cities, Australia is one of the most appealing places to live in. It is also a favorite destination for tourists and for professionals looking for work.
3. Canada – Another popular destination, though it has lower possible earnings compared to the United Kingdom but you will be surprised to find that there are more than 500,000 Brits live in Canada.
4. New Zealand – This country is known for its amazing landscapes, breathtaking sceneries, and comfortable climate. More than 200,000 Britons have settled in New Zealand.
5. Ireland – Almost 300,000 Britons are living in Ireland to date. Foreigners enjoy this wonderful country because it has the reputation of having the most amazing landscapes around the world.
6. Spain – This remains one of the most popular places where expats from Britain opt to live upon retirement. Climate is sunny and people will love living in Spain’s rustic towns and villages. There is a strong community of expats in Spain so a newbie will never feel alone living abroad.
7. France – This country is preferred by people aged 55 and above who dream of living abroad.
8. Italy – Aside from having the most excellent dishes, Italy is one of the most popular overseas destinations because of its warm weather and friendly citizens.
9. South Africa – This has become a popular place for expats due to the viable cost of living. South Africa has warmer weather than the UK and more and more Britons are packing up their bags to move here because of an immanent World Cup stint.
10. Thailand – The exotic culture of this Asian country makes it popular among British expats. Thailand has a rich culture, plus there are great beaches too.
There is a range of single trip insurance and annual travel insurance policies for EU residents for any type of journey and age group (up to 84 for single trip and up to 74 for multi trip coverage) available with Globelink International Ltd. Globelink offer expatriate medical insurance for virtually any of your requirements. This includes a list of different types of policies giving you an option to select either a policy with a comprehensive or basic cover; an option to extend your policy to provide an extra cover for hazardous sports/activities, baggage, golfer’s cover, excess waiver, event cancellation, wedding cover, and much more.