While every destination in the world can be a great backpacking destination, there are some destinations which truly stand out. If you are looking for an amazing backpacking experience, here are 10 backpacking destinations to help you get started:
1. Brazil– Cheap, beautiful and with amazing beaches- that summarizes Brazil for you. If you are looking for a beach holiday, consider a backpacking trip to Brazil. While the place comes alive during the carnival season, it is best explored during the lean season. When the carnival is not on, there are much less people on the street, the hotels are much less expensive, and you have much more time to seep in the energy of the place. However, while travelling in Brazil, make sure you take special care of your belongings. The destination is notorious for petty crimes like pick pocketing.
2.Ladakh, India– If you are more of a mountain person and want to experience some really thrilling treks, head to Ladakh in India. Trekking in Ladakh is a memorable experience, with high mountain peaks to climb, trekking on frozen rivers and much more. But trekking isn’t the only highlight of a Ladakh trip. While here, consider taking a mountain biking tour on Khardung La Pass, or rover rafting in River Zanskar too.
3. Luxor, Egypt– How about a trip to a mystical land which has several folklores, stories and theories associated with it? Egypt may be going through an emotional turmoil right now, but it takes nothing away from the beauty of Luxor, the land of mystical journeys. You can pack your backpack and just explore the terrain if Luxor. You are sure to make some discoveries along the way, and pleasant ones at that.
4. Bolivia– Wildlife safaris always make for an adventurous experience. And you don’t need much for an amazing wildlife safari, apart from a good destination of course. One of the best destinations for a wildlife safari is Bolivia, a part of the Amazon basin. The destination is a treasure trove of varied flora and fauna. A trip to Bolivia costs much less than it does to other popular adventure destinations out there such as New Zealand. And there are plenty of opportunities for memorable adventure activities here.
5. Berlin, Germany– No, this is not a typing error. Berlin isn’t your usual backpacking destination. In fact, it is one of the more expensive European destinations. However, if you look beyond the travel guides and the usual touristy landmarks, there is a world to be explored in Berlin. You just need to let yourself go, talk to the locals and you could be in for a really good surprise. Just don’t whisper the N word here, even by mistake.
6.Italy– The land of great artists, that’s what Italy is. And you can see their mark almost everywhere you go in Italy. There are grand churches to explore, intricate masterpieces to admire and much more. The best part about Italy, apart from its art and architecture, is its budget friendly choices. You can always find good budget hotels here, and good pizzas don’t cost much here. In fact, you don’t need to spend too much to get good food in Italy.
7. Barcelona, Spain– Barcelona in Spain is probably one of the most romantic destinations in the world. The French would disagree there, but Barcelona has an old-world charm about it. Spanish music plays on the streets, there are some really old buildings to explore here, and cultural and traditional heritage of Spain to enjoy. And unlike other similar cultural destinations around the world, Barcelona doesn’t make a fuss about it.
8. Aegina, Greece– Travelling isn’t always about visiting places, exploring traditions, and making discoveries. It is also about putting your feet up once in a while and enjoying the surroundings around you. For a laidback backpacking experience, head to Aegina in Greece. Even during the peak season, you won’t find many people here, so you can be rest assured of a private holiday experience here. And for times when you need a little more fun, Santorini Island is just closeby.
9. Lamu– Most so-called remote destinations around the world are nothing but marketing gimmicks. With hungry tour operators trying to milk every destination possible, there is hardly a remote destination left out there. That’s what makes Lamu special. Nothing can get more remote than Lamu. With a handful of population, it is island located close to Kenya. It prides itself as one of the oldest settlements in the world, and it seems to be stuck in time. Donkeys are the mode of transport here, and you won’t find much activity here even one a busy day. It is just perfect for those who like lone beaches, for there are plenty here.
10. Reykjavik, Iceland– Ibiza may be the mother of all party destinations, but if you are looking for someplace cheap and fun, head to Reykjavik in Iceland. Currently, it is one of the hottest party destinations out there. The cold climes, significantly budget friendly clubs and eye candy make it just perfect for party lovers.
I am a travel junkie and writing my experiences as articles If you are planning a Eco trips, consider using the services of Thrillophilia Adventures tours. It specializes in organizing team outings and weekend getaways adventurous destinations of India as well, letting you have experiences such as Kerala wildlife, Royal Rajasthan experiences in desert safari and so much more.