Deciding where to go on your honeymoon can seem like a monumental task when you start thinking about all the possibilities. There are literally thousands of destinations to choose from, some close to home, some halfway around the world. Your final decision will ultimately depend on a few considerations including your budget, what your interests are, and that list places you and your future spouse have always wanted to visit.
To help in making that decision a little easier and to maybe get those travel ideas flowing the following is a list of what are considered the best honeymoon destinations in the world.
1. Hawaii – Long considered one of the original honeymooners’s paradises it is hard to beat Hawaii for that post wedding vacation. There are plenty of things to do here, from hanging out on the beach to exploring its many tropical wonders, including breathtaking waterfalls and active volcanoes. There is also an active night life in the clubs and bars of the larger cities for the couple who like to have fun dancing the night away.
2. Polynesian Islands in the South Pacific – Tahiti, Fiji, and Bora Bora just to name a few. All these islands offer the tropical beauty of Hawaii in a more relaxed atmosphere. The locals are some of the friendliest people you will ever encounter and their culture will leave a lasting impression. Throw in miles of pristine beaches, tropical lagoons, and world class snorkeling and diving and this could well be the perfect honeymoon destination.
3. The Mediterranean Coast of Southern Europe – Stretching from ancient Greece to the Rock of Gibraltar there is a wealth of sights, culture, and beauty to behold along the shores of the Mediterranean. You can visit Italy, enjoying the renaissance beauty of Rome and the Vatican, or a romantic Gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Or visit the French Riviera and the vibrant nightlife and upscale shopping that it offers.
4. British Virgin Islands – The island of Anguilla to be specific. This little gem in the Caribbean is the perfect getaway for the newly wed couple who wants nothing more then to relax in peace and quiet. The majority of tourists visit other islands in the Caribbean leaving Anguilla to the lucky few who get to enjoy its breathtaking beaches.
5. Costa Rican Adventure – For the couple who is looking for more of an adventurous Costa Rica is considered one of the best destinations in the world. This small Central American nation offers not only world class beaches and scuba diving but also rain forest adventures that include kayaking, white water rafting, and mountain biking.
6. Niagara Falls – Not quite as exotic as the choices above Niagara Falls has a certain charm that caters to honeymooners that cannot be found anywhere else. Take a ride on the “Maid of the Mist” boat that will get you up close and personal with the falls. Check out the Guinness Book of World Records Museum or visit the House of Frankenstein. And don’t forget to visit New York City and enjoy all the sights and sounds that it has to offer.
7. Australia – It’s a continent, it’s a country, it’s known for kangaroos, wallabies, and rugged men with big knives. It is also full of exotic locations, big cities, and little bit of everything in between. For a honeymoon in a land that’s like a whole other world then Australia might well be the best choice out there.
Hopefully this list will give you some ideas as you start planning your honeymoon. Ultimately the best honeymoon destinations in the world are wherever you and your betrothed decide to go, because all that really matters is spending time alone with the one you’ve chosen to spend your life with.